Forbiden Arts Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forbiden Arts Duel Academy

Fenomen

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misunderstood Hobby

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tino the Sinner
Dark End Leader
Tino the Sinner

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Misunderstood Hobby Left_bar_bleue16/100Misunderstood Hobby Empty_bar_bleue  (16/100)
Win - Lose: 6 - 1

Misunderstood Hobby Empty
PostSubject: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:12 am

Yu-gi-oh is the greatest card game in the history of the earth. Although, many people tend to assume that it is a little kid’s game and quickly think of the cheesy American version of the T.V. show and relate it to that.

There are a lot of misconceptions about Yu-gi-oh and Yu-gi-oh cards. Although in America the T.V. show is geared towards little children the card game is very different. The Show is also quite different in Japan where card games are much more popular.

It is a misconception to think of it as a game for children. Most players that understand it and do well at the game are between the ages of 15 to 25. So it would be unfair to look down on it just because one does not understand it. To the contrary to what most people think it is actually a very fun game because of many different reasons such as winning, friendship, trading, deck building and the complicated nature of the ruling system.

Because it takes a lot of smarts to win and do well at the game there is a feeling of accomplishment when you beat your opponent. For a small entrance fee you can win cards and many other cool prizes such as game systems, mats or really rare cards. There are many places that offer local tournaments once or twice a week and there are more competitive tournaments which if your good enough then you can be invited to world events.

The game scene is a great way to make friends. It is a good opportunity to meet new people with some of the interests that you have like being open to new things. Yu-gi-oh players tend to be more competitive when it comes to playing games. You will find any age of players from age 13 to 40’s so there always is friendship you can make regardless of age. The older players help hold the events and look after the younger players in a safe environment.

Most players do some trading at these tournaments which is a big aspect to the game. Some people trade to collect while most players trade for cards that fit into their decks. There are currently 3,556 different cards in the game, so there are many different combinations of decks that each person can build. It takes a lot of intelligence and creativity to make good decks that will take you to the top. Creativity is one of the main elements that keeps the game moving forward and is incorporated in deck building and card creation.

In the game there are many complicated elements that are mastered by pros. It is much like poker because of the many ways to you can bluff the opponent into doing what you want them to do. It is also much like chess because you have to play carefully because the moves you make are detrimental to your success in winning.

There is also an element of surprise because from one moment to another you could go from winning to losing the game. There are so many different phases and technical rulings that keep the game advanced for players that have been playing for a while. The game always have new sets of cards that come out every month so there are always new game rulings and card mechanics that keep players motivated to keep dueling.

You can try it for free online, there are video games you can buy, you can read the basics at the Yu-gi-oh main website or you can check out the rulings at the Yu-gi-oh wikia. All you have to do to get started is simply buy a starter deck that costs roughly about ten dollars which comes with the basics manual and a deck of your choice. You will not lose anything by trying the greatest card game known to man.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Admin
Scorpion67

Male Posts : 142

Duelist Information
Experience:
Misunderstood Hobby Left_bar_bleue70/100Misunderstood Hobby Empty_bar_bleue  (70/100)
Win - Lose: 3 - 0

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:36 am

Wow nice litle article Tino, what you said is so true

Yu-gi-Oh really is the greatest game ever Razz and i played lot of card games before such as magic and pokemon, but yugioh really is better then all other card games i ever played. I saw lot of discrimination before on yugioh players because of the anime on 4 kidz tv of yugioh but yugioh really is a strategie game, it really takes brain to be top player. I hope this game will never die !!! XD
Back to top Go down
Tino the Sinner
Dark End Leader
Tino the Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:
Misunderstood Hobby Left_bar_bleue16/100Misunderstood Hobby Empty_bar_bleue  (16/100)

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:40 am

I made it for an english class, but english teacher didnt think much of it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Admin
Scorpion67

Male Posts : 142

Duelist Information
Experience:
Misunderstood Hobby Left_bar_bleue70/100Misunderstood Hobby Empty_bar_bleue  (70/100)
Win - Lose: 3 - 0

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Lol then i guess Yugioh really is a misunderstood hoby after all. I started playing at 14 years old and osme of my ocmerades use to tell me it was childish too but they sont know how much stragtegy it takes to play yugioh in competitions. how can a child do that Razz
Back to top Go down
Tino the Sinner
Dark End Leader
Tino the Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm

lol just tell them to don't be ignorant fools
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Teacher
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 11

Duelist Information
Experience:
Misunderstood Hobby Left_bar_bleue4/100Misunderstood Hobby Empty_bar_bleue  (4/100)
Win - Lose: 1 - 0

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't think a teacher will fully understand the concept of a card game,lol...

I used to play cards in my class in high school when I still played IRL.

It was pretty fun; least for me, cuz I was one of the best in the school with the rarest cards,xD

Card games are pretty fun though overall..just think Yugioh gets a bad rep because the anime that follows it is rather corny at times and childish...kinda like the rep pokemon gets from its bleh cartoon as well.

I could go on a 4 kids rant, but I won't....will just say...people that oversee television and other aspects of entertainment..need to grow up....to feel you have to gay up everything made or shown as to not desensatize kids to cuss words or violence is ridiculous...
Back to top Go down
Harper7000

Harper7000

Male Posts : 40

Duelist Information
Experience:
Misunderstood Hobby Left_bar_bleue0/100Misunderstood Hobby Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Win - Lose: 0 - 0

PostSubject: Misunderstood hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:09 am

I completely agree tino, it really us the greatest card game ever. Nothing else even comes close to being as challenging and entertaining as yugioh. And there are many people who do give it a bad rep, but that's bc they never took the time to learn how to play
Back to top Go down
Tino the Sinner
Dark End Leader
Tino the Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:57 am

I will do my best to bring people to the truth lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misunderstood Hobby   Misunderstood Hobby Empty

Back to top Go down

Misunderstood Hobby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forbiden Arts Duel Academy :: General :: Article Section-
Jump to: